Difference between RWA, AOA and CHS

The housing societies use the terms such as ‘Resident Welfare Association’ RWA, ‘Apartment Owners Association’ (AOA), or ‘co-operative housing society’ (CHS) terms. Quite a few times, there is not sufficient clarity about these terms. Let us look at the simple perspective for these terms.


Read more: Difference between RWA, AOA and CHS

Why Sinking Fund

Apartment society has regular maintenance requirement and major maintenance and capital requirements. For the regular maintenance requirements, the society (whether being managed by the apartment association, Co-Operative Housing Society or builder), raises the maintenance bills. A society however has some non-periodic maintenance and major funds’ requirements. The societies raise sinking fund or repair fund for such scenarios. Why should there be separate contributions as sinking fund and repair fund? Are these contributions taxable?


Read more: Why Sinking Fund

Additional information